I haven’t been positing here in a while, due to being busy with teaching and getting myself set up on… YouTube! I hope you can enjoy some of my thrifting and travel adventures over there until I get back to blogging. If you like my videos, please subscribe!
If you love reading these encouraging posts and would like to help support the author, please visit the Etsy shop (ship to United States only for now).
We have lovely nautical items for yourself or gifts!
Our products are even dog-approved. 😉
- Be like-minded
- Be loving
- Be humble
- Be others-focused
- Be self-less
- Be interested in others’ interests
- Be content with your current station in life
- Be a servant of others
- Be obedient to God’s will for your life
- Be glorifying to God
While all of these should be present, I suggest we begin going down the list this week, focusing on doing our best at one thing at a time.
“‘Now then,’ said the Lord, ‘you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. You fools! Did not the One who made the outside make the inside as well? But give as alms the things that are within you, and you will see that everything is clean for you.'”
- True allegiance to Christ brings freedom, not bondage.
- Sacrificing yourself (the attitudes of the heart and more!) brings liberty.
- The Lord created both the mind and heart in addition to the body, so He desires His followers’ true commitment to serving Him, not just the physical actions of worship and service.
- When the mind and heart are given over to Christ as Lord, the body’s actions will naturally follow.
“The Son of God has come…He is the true God and eternal life.” – I John 5:20
Jesus’ coming to earth in His human form brought with Him the eternal life only available to those who believe in Him and follow Him with sincere hearts. “The Life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the Eternal Life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.” (1 John 1:2) “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.” (1 John 5:11) “Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.” (Jude 1:21)
We are to live our lives boldly, as we keep in mind all that Jesus has done for us in His mercy and grace. “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” (1 Timothy 6:12) “So that, having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs, having the hope of eternal life.” (Titus 3:7)